About the Campout
The BC Geocaching Association will be holding the first of what we hope will be an annual camping event. This year’s campout is at Eagle Island Resort on Lac Des Roches off Highway 24 in the Cariboo, 1 hour and 15 minute drive north west of Kamloops. The turnoff is located 35 km west of Little Fort, and 62 km east of Highway 97 at 93 mile – look for the large sign. There is a beach and boat rentals available at the resort. This would make a nice stopover if you are heading to Westcan 5 in Dauphin, MB.
The BCGA has reserved a limited number of tent and serviced RV sites for 2 nights, July 10th and 11th. We have planned a few activities but the idea is to relax and enjoy the great outdoors with fellow geocachers.
- Friday evening – potluck dinner
- Friday evening – relax around the campfire
- Saturday morning – pancake breakfast
- Saturday – 11:00 to 4:00 – explore the area (go geocaching, complete the scavenger hunt, canoe/fish on the lake)
- Saturday – 4:00 to 5:00 – BCGA AGM – at the campground – non-campers welcome to attend GC5TJVA
- Saturday evening – relax around the campfire.
If there is something you would like to organize to add to the activities, let us know.
We are looking for volunteers to assist with the following tasks:
- Arrange food etc for potluck Friday night
- Offer grill/griddle for the pancake breakfast
- Cook and cleanup at the pancake breakfast.
- Setup of the AGM
- Score the scavenger hunt entries
How to Book
- To book a spot: send your name, username, and # of RV/tent spots requested to bajabetty at [email protected]
- You will not be able to book through the resort unless you want to arrive earlier or stay later — the weekend will need to be booked through the BCGA.
- You must book for TWO nights – July 10th and 11th. You don’t have to stay for two nights but you do have to pay for two nights.
- Space is limited. Depending on demand, we may need to double up the tent sites and add a tent to each of the RV sites. Be prepared to be friendly and SHARE.
- We require a $40 per RV or tent deposit to book a spot.
- Your spot will be confirmed after your deposit is received.
- Payment can be made:
- by cheque mailed to: BCGA, #515 – 528 Rochester Ave, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 7A5
- by cash to a BCGA executive member
- by Paypal to [email protected] (please use FRIENDS AND FAMILY ONLY to save us processing fees). Payments not made through friends and family will be rejected.
- Deposits are non-refundable unless 30 days notice is given
- The remainder of the camping cost is payable at the event. Actual cost will vary depending on attendance and how many doubled up spots we have. Balance payable at the event for an RV spot will be somewhere between $18.70 and $39.80. Balance payable at the event for a tent spot will be somewhere between ($5.85 – a credit) and $12.50.
Be sure to log your Will Attend on the geocaching event page: HERE
For more resort information visit: http://bc.eagleislandresort.ca/camping/